These days it is hard to survive in business without a website. Not only do customers expect one, but you could be losing business to your competitors without one.
Did you know that a website can...
Create a level playing field
- A website allows small businesses to compete on equal terms with big business.
Promote your business 24 hours a day
- A website works for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, promoting, and perhaps selling, your services or products even while you are asleep.
Be a cost effective marketing tool
- A website is a much cheaper form of advertising than traditional print and broadcast media advertising.
Provide greater scope in advertising
- A website provides you with more scope to catch your customers' eye. You can make use of video and animations, photographs and maps to help potential customers understand your business better.
Evolve with your business
- Unlike printed material, information on a website can be kept right up to date, new material added and any changes made easily.
Promote a professional image
- A well designed website can give your business a professional image and promote trust and credibility.
Help you provide better customer service
- Your website could offer time-saving services such as on-line quotes, bookings or sales. It will provide information about your business and its products or services . All of these services are accessible by your customers at a time and place convenient to them.
Help you target a wider audience
- A website lets you tap into a much larger market. No longer are you limited to serving customers in your local area, you could be serving customers around Australia or across the globe.
Save you time and money
- A website can often perform some of the tasks that take up your valuable time such as answering simple questions, collecting information or taking orders.
Be linked to other marketing tools
- Your website can be linked to social networking sites, such as Facebook or Twitter, to give your business even wider exposure.
Give you a presence on the Internet
* ABS, Household Use of Information Technology, Australia, 2008-9
- In 2008-09 72% of Australian households had home Internet access* and the first place many people look for new products or services is on the Internet. If you are not advertising where your competitors are, you may find yourself left behind.